Time for a content update: v.1.8 opens the first half of World 2!
The new build is now live on Steam, Humble and itch.io. Go check it out!
Early Access v.1.8 is out!
Let’s get the big thing out of the way first: As we’ve planned out on our roadmap on Steam, v1.8 brings with it the first half of World 2, including the second Commander (mini-boss) stage.
Go test it out and let us know how you like it. Just don’t expect it to be a cake walk 😉
Though we haven’t been posting here since our Early Access launch, we’ve pushed out several small builds in the past months. For those interested, you can read about past changes here and here. As for this update, here’s the main points of interest:
- Features and changes
- Added first 4 stages of World 2
- 10+ new enemies
- New Mini-boss
- Combat Shield now takes 20% damage from Lava and Acid – previously immune (0%)
- Changed enemy blood opacity
- Bug fixes
- Fixed Grongo dropping two Exp Orbs when skipping end cutscene
- Fixed Mortar item dealing wrong amount of damage
- Fixed Unum’s Nano Poison bugging out enemy animations
- Fixed Unum’s Warp Portal revealing area while player was dead
- Fixed Unum becoming visible during stage transition in co-op when using Warp Portal
The Final Stretch
While there’s still work to do, Gerty’s development is inching towards its end. Most of our efforts currently are going towards finishing “The Final Boss”, which is the biggest piece of content holding the game back from full release.
That’s not to say that once the boss is done the game is finished – there’s still some polishing and such left before fully letting the game out of Early Access. Nevertheless, we’re still on schedule to meet our roadmap goals.
Keeping things short and sweet this time. Our next goal according to our roadmap is to finish World 2 in the next 3 months, but we’ll most likely have small fixes and improvements along the way. In any case, we gotta get back to work. Go slay some aliens!
Till’ next time folks!