Carve your own path in a new rogue-lite that focuses on challenging combat in fully destructible terrains. Dive into the deep tunnels of a mining colony on your own, or in local co-op with up to 4 players. Purchase gear, level up your character, and gain powerful perks to eliminate the alien horde.
Gerty is a sci-fi top-down rogue-lite shooter with fully destructible environment. Try the demo at Steam or DRM-Free from IndieDB. Gerty has been Greenlit on Steam Greenlight and is now available in Early Access.
Further inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fact sheet
- The Team
- Gerty in media
- Gerty in streams
- Press releases
- User comments
- Developer: Spawn Point Cooperative, Gerty team, based in Oulu, Finland
- About Spawn Point Coop:
- Founded 09/2014
- Website: http://spawnpoint.fi/
- Gerty team:
- Risto Ihalainen – Lead Designer, programmer
- Ilpo Alatalo – Designer, programmer
- Sampo Jumisko – Lead artist
- Teemu Kinnunen – Marketing officer
- Mikko Lapinlahti – Musician
- Early Access Release date: December 3rd 2018
- Platforms: Steam / Humble / itch.io (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Tags: Top-down, sci-fi, action, shooter, rogue-like, rogue-lite
- Languages: English, Finnish
- Players: Single-player, Local Co-op, Online Co-op
- Price on release: $16.99 / 14.99€ / £13.49
- Website: www.gerty-game.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GertyGame
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GertyGame
- IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/gerty
- Development blog: http://www.gerty-game.com/?cat=5
- Latest demo build: http://www.gerty-game.com/?page_id=11
- Press contact: email@example.com
Early Access 1.8.3 features
- 10 procedurally generated stages to explore
- One boss fight stage to conquer
- Fully destructible environments
- Local co-op up to 4 players
- 40 items to boost your character with
- Over a dozen unique enemies to fight
- 4 playable characters with different skill sets and Perks
- Five difficulty levels
- Achievements to unlock
- Full controller support
Full game features
- Two worlds with 6 stages each to explore
- Two tough boss fights and two mini-bosses
- A lot of additional monsters
- More dangers, goodies and secrets to find
- Lots of more Achievements & unlockable content
Trailer released December 3rd (Early Access 1.7)
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/MiTesjjYeHA
Download all (full size)
Download all (full size)
The father and designer of Gerty.
Risto is the driving force of the project and makes all the big decisions as the head honcho. Together with Ilpo he works mainly on programming, but also wears other hats whenever it’s required.
The Jack of All Trades.
Like Risto, Ilpo has worn many hats. Though sometimes considered the “producer” of the project, he focuses on programming. He’s also in charge of writing the blog and updating this site.
The one-man band.
Mikko is in charge of bringing in the atmosphere of alien planets through the medium of music, with influences from decades past.
The Master of Whisperers.
UI artist turned marketer, Teemu is in charge of all the little birds of social media, but also helps out with graphics work when needed.
The pen fencer.
Taking over the mantle of “the Artist”, Sampo carries the weight of the game’s visuals on his shoulders.
Gerty in media
- “A very promising game that takes many pre-existing concepts in the roguelite genre, and puts it’s own unique spin on them to produce something truly different.”
- SaveOrQuit.com (October 22nd 2018)
- “It’s actually pretty damn good.”
- GamingOnLinux.com (September 10th 2018)
- “If you’re up for a game that offers a real challenge, you’ll really dig this great sci-fi mining roguelike shooter.”
- Alphabetagamer.com (March 28th 2016)
Gerty in streams
- archtoasty – #Linux Nooner Stream (October 11th 2018) [Gerty Early access 1.7]
- Hex DSL GERTY – Early Access top down snow shovelling (September 18th 2018) [Gerty Early access 1.7]
- DanVanDam Gerty Gameplay (Indie PC) (September 13th 2018) [Gerty Early access 1.7]
- Highsight Indie Insights #81 (September 28th 2016) [Gerty Beta 1.4]
- Highsight Indie Insights #72 (July 13th 2016) [Gerty Beta 1.3]
- https://www.prlog.org/12732384-gerty-release-date-is-announced.html (October 1st 2018)
- https://www.prlog.org/12728477-gerty-drm-free-version-approved-for-release-on-humble-store.html (September 10th 2018)
- https://www.prlog.org/12724644-gerty-original-soundtrack-released-on-bandcamp-with-limited-time-30-discount.html (August 17th 2018)
- https://www.prlog.org/12722484-gerty-top-down-rogue-lite-shooter-demo-released-on-steam.html (August 6th 2018)
- “This looks really cool. I love the way the field of view of the player works. It makes it feel really claustrophobic.”
- WarAndPiece @Reddit
- “Looks awesome and visceral, esp that blood splatter! Cool name too – reminds me of Moon.”
- fairchild_670 @Reddit
- “I mean its so old school in some ways and I do like that I can upgrade so much, especially my character, as I see him/her/it growing. This is the thing with this game, and the digging is great, and the enemies are some pretty hard to kill but mostly I’ve enjoyed the game a lot.”
- VisualTech48 @RoastMyGame
- “The light and tight corridors add a great sense of immersion which I loved and kept me playing!”
- “It (the soundtrack) feels sci-fi, on a planet and kinda spooky. I actually went and looked up your game. I think it fits well with the art style.”
- Sexual_Lettuce @Reddit