Welcome to the Gerty Press page. Here you’ll find all the information you might need for writing a news article, blog post or otherwise. In case there’s something we’ve forgotten or you’d like any of our media provided in a different format, let us know and we’ll make it available.
- Developer: Spawn Point Cooperative, Gerty team, based in Oulu, Finland
- About Spawn Point Coop:
- Founded 09/2014
- Over 20 members
- Website: http://spawnpoint.fi/
- Gerty team:
- Risto Ihalainen – Lead Designer, programmer
- Ilpo Alatalo – Designer, programmer
- Sampo Jumisko – Lead artist
- Teemu Kinnunen – Marketing officer
- Mikko Lapinlahti – Musician
- Release date: TBA (When it’s ready)
- Platforms: Windows / Mac / Linux
- Tags: Top-down, sci-fi, action, shooter, rogue-like, rogue-lite
- Languages: English
- Players: Single-player, Local Co-op, Online Co-op
- Price on release: 15€/15$
- Website: www.gerty-game.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GertyGame
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GertyGame
- IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/gerty
- Development blog: http://www.gerty-game.com/?cat=5
- Latest demo build: http://www.gerty-game.com/?page_id=11
- Press contact: email@example.com
Gerty is a sci-fi top-down rogue-like shooter with fully destructible environments that’s slated for release “when it’s ready”. We have a free playable demo that we update regularly, so you can test the game for yourself. Gerty has been Greenlit on Steam.
Demo version features (Beta 1.6)
- 4 procedurally generated stages to explore
- Fully destructible environment
- Local co-op up to 4 players
- 24 items to experiment with
- Over a dozen unique enemies to fight
- Two playable character
- Three difficulty levels
- Several Achievements to unlock
- Controller support
Full game features
- Two worlds with 8 stages each to explore
- Two tough boss fights and several mini-bosses
- A lot of additional monsters
- 16 additional items to experiment with
- More dangers, goodies and secrets to find
- 2-6 additional playable characters with different skill sets and Perks
- Tons of Achievements & unlockable content
Trailer released June 23rd (Beta 1.7)
Youtube link: https://youtu.be/mSIiPNdPMTM
Download all (full size)
The father and designer of Gerty.
Risto is the driving force of the project and makes all the big decisions as the head honcho. Together with Ilpo he works mainly on programming, but also wears other hats whenever it’s required.
The Jack of All Trades.
Like Risto, Ilpo has worn many hats. Though sometimes considered the “producer” of the project, he focuses on programming. He’s also in charge of writing the blog and updating this site.
The one-man band.
Mikko is in charge of bringing in the atmosphere of alien planets through the medium of music, with influences from decades past.
The Master of Whisperers.
UI artist turned marketer, Teemu is in charge of all the little birds of social media, but also helps out with graphics work when needed.
The pen fencer.
Taking over the mantle of “the Artist”, Sampo carries the weight of the game’s visuals on his shoulders.
Gerty in media
- “If you’re up for a game that offers a real challenge, you’ll really dig this great sci-fi mining roguelike shooter.”
- Alphabetagamer.com (March 28th 2016)
- “Gerty offers a fast-paced, challenging rogue-like shooter campaign that any gamer would be smart to check out.”
- Gametimereviews.com (November 6th 2016)
- “This looks really cool. I love the way the field of view of the player works. It makes it feel really claustrophobic.”
- WarAndPiece @Reddit
- “Looks awesome and visceral, esp that blood splatter! Cool name too – reminds me of Moon.”
- fairchild_670 @Reddit
- “I mean its so old school in some ways and I do like that I can upgrade so much, especially my character, as I see him/her/it growing. This is the thing with this game, and the digging is great, and the enemies are some pretty hard to kill but mostly I’ve enjoyed the game a lot.”
- VisualTech48 @RoastMyGame
- “The light and tight corridors add a great sense of immersion which I loved and kept me playing!”
- “It (the soundtrack) feels sci-fi, on a planet and kinda spooky. I actually went and looked up your game. I think it fits well with the art style.”
- Sexual_Lettuce @Reddit